Benefit Programs Offer Multiple Ways to Interact
The Division of Social Services (within the Department of Health and Social Services) has a webpage on benefits changes due to COVID-19
In-person visits remain by appointment only. To protect employees and clients, face masks are highly recommended for those who are not vaccinated. Clients have the option of applying for benefits or doing updates through the Division of Social Services by phone, email or online.
- Call 1-866-843-7212 so we can serve you by phone.
- Visit Delaware ASSIST to apply for many different benefit programs.
- In-person visits remain by appointment only. Call you local State Service Center to schedule an appointment.
Food Benefits/Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
NEED HELP FINDING FOOD ASSISTANCE?
- Contact Delaware 2-1-1 by dialing 2-1-1 or visit their website.
- Find Department of Education Child Nutrition Sites. Delaware families may pick up meal bags for children 18 and under who live in their home.
Apply for unemployment benefits on the Delaware Department of Labor’s website. Please review the Frequently Asked Questions before reaching out with questions. Due to overwhelming call volume, please email questions to email@example.com.
Find a job hiring now during this crisis on Delaware Job Link.
Medicaid in Delaware is managed by the Division of Medicaid and Medical Assistance.
Screen for and apply for benefits online at Delaware ASSIST or call 1-800-372-2022 to make an appointment. Reminder, face masks are highly recommended for anyone who is not vaccinated.
Health Benefit Manager: 1-800-996-9969
Managed Care Member Service:
- Highmark Health Options: 1-844-325-6251
- AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware: 1-844-211-0966
Long-Term Care Medicaid: apply using Delaware ASSIST or call 1-866-940-8963.
- Apply for Child Care Assistance on the Delaware Assist website. Find out more about Child Care Assistance.
- Find information, and search for Providers, on the Child Care page.
- Contact Children and Families First at 1-800-734-2388 or visit their website.
Apply for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and General Assistance on the Delaware Assist website.
Stats on COVID-19
For more data on Delaware COVID-19 cases including demographic breakdowns, go to My Healthy Community