Questions about provider enrollment? Email: COVIDVaccine@delaware.gov
Medical providers have an important role to play in vaccinating their patients, and staff. Below are resources to assist you in your planning efforts.
Provider Enrollment:Provider Enrollment Instructions and Checklist (1.5.2021) Vaccine Provider Site Administration Checklist Vaccine Planning Checklist
Vaccine Provider Request Process:
This document will help you understand the process and timeline for ordering and delivery of COVID-19 vaccines: Vaccine Request Process (3.9.21)Submit your weekly vaccine request (web portal) Send any questions regarding vaccine requests to OEMS@delaware.gov Survey for vaccine providers to express interest in helping vaccinate other organizations in upcoming vaccination phases
Summary of Provider Vaccination Requirements:Vaccination Requirements (Updated 05.21.21) DHSS order to report inventory to Vaccine Finder (02.25.21) Vaccine Ingredients and Allergy Information (5.13.21) | Español HHS Office of the Inspector General COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
Vaccine Wastage is required to be reported.
When wasting doses, please fill out the Wasted Doses form at https://coronavirus.delaware.gov/wasted-doses-form/. If a vial is dropped and broken, this is considered a wasted dose and can be reported without contacting Immunizations.
Pfizer wastage/other wastage reporting:Pfizer vial contains 6 doses, if provider is unable draw the 6th dose, this dose is considered a wasted dose and must be reported as a wasted dose using the wastage form attached and emailing COVIDVaccine@delaware.gov or fax 302-739-2555. If a provider has a question as to whether the vaccine is viable or not, please contact manufacturer (Pfizer/Moderna links below) or Immunizations at 302-744-1060 before determining that the vial/doses are not viable
Moderna vials contain 10 doses and J&J vials contain 5 doses – if all doses within the vial are not administered, wastage must be reported.
All waste must be reported DAILY when administering vaccine.
- CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/info-by-product/pfizer/index.html
- Pfizer: https://www.cvdvaccine-us.com/
- Pfizer – handling: http://labeling.pfizer.com/ShowLabeling.aspx?id=14471
- COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions for Medical Providers (Updated 2.4.21)
- Talking to Your Patients About the COVID-19 Vaccine | En Español
- Frequently Asked Questions for the General Public | En Español
- COVID-19 Vaccine Training Module For Health Care Providers
- Physicians Vaccine Comparison Chart (5.13.21)
- Provider Vaccine Information Sheet (5.1.21)
- COVID-19 Variants Fact Sheet
- Acute and Outpatient Testing Guidance (updated 9.14.21)
- Pfizer Vaccine Administration Instructions (12.11.20)
- Pfizer HealthCare Provider fact sheet
- Pfizer Patient Fact sheet
- ACIP Slide Deck for vote on Pfizer COVID vaccine (12.12.20)
Ancillary Supply Kit Information:
Johnson & Johnson Materials:
- EUA Letter (updated 10/20/21)
- Patient and Caregiver Fact Sheet (updated 10/20/21)
- Healthcare Providers Fact Sheet (updated 10/20/21)
Moderna Call Center:
1-866-MODERNA (1-866-663-3762)General Moderna Questions Healthcare Provider Questions (clinical) Product Quality or Technical Questions Pregnancy Registry
Note: Call center volume, per Moderna has an approx. call volume of 200 calls/hour during peak operational hours of 8:00 a.m.- 8:00 p.m. EST
For most providers, Delaware Medicaid (DMMA), and our partner MCOs (Amerihealth Caritas of Delaware and Highmark Health Options) will be using the Medicare Fee Schedule rates for COVID-19 vaccine administration. Additional guidance will be forthcoming for certain providers subject to alternative fee schedules due to federal regulation, such as FQHCs.
Any provider planning to bill for COVID-19 vaccine administration should ensure that they are enrolled DMMA and with both MCOs. See Enroll with DMMA here. See here and here to enroll with MCOs and view CMS Guidance: Find HRSA reimbursement information
Get More COVID Data
For more data on Delaware COVID cases, testing and outcomes, including demographic breakdowns, go to My Healthy Community