The instructions below will help you register on the state’s waitlist. It is important to understand that registering for the waiting list registers you for a state-coordinated vaccination event only (includes Curative, Vault Health and large drive thru events including at Dover International Speedway or other locations). If you are eligible to receive a vaccine from a pharmacy, medical provider or hospital system, you must sign up separately with them. If you have an opportunity through a pharmacy or a medical provider to be vaccinated, please take it. Don’t wait for the waiting list – we won’t be offended. Learn more about your vaccination options.
The State of Delaware is now vaccinating persons 16+. These events are all appointment only.
Individuals 16 & 17 years old are only eligible to receive the Pfizer vaccine. Carefully check the vaccine offered when you receive an invitation before trying to schedule an appointment. If you are 16 or 17 and schedule an appointment for an event that is offering Moderna or J&J, you should expect that your appointment will be cancelled.
Before you go – here’s what to know:
- You cannot receive the vaccine if you have gotten the flu, shingles or other vaccine in the last 14 days.
- If you have received either monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma as a treatment for COVID-19 infection, you must wait 90 days before getting vaccinated.
- If you are a close contact that is deemed to require quarantine due to COVID-19, you should not get the vaccine until out of quarantine.
- If you are currently diagnosed with COVID-19 and advised to isolate, you should not get the vaccine until out of isolation.
Facts at a Glance:
- Vaccines are free.
- Please dress in appropriate clothing so that your upper arm can be exposed, including not getting out of the vehicle at a drive through-event to remove a coat or shirt.
- Delawareans age 16+ who request an appointment but do not immediately receive an invitation email will continue to be on the waiting list to receive an invitation for future vaccination events. Invitations are based on risk, not based on who signed up first.
- Any individuals who arrive without an appointment for these events should not expect to be vaccinated.
Make a Vaccination Event Request (Delawareans 16+ only)
Invitations to schedule an appointment are not issued based on the order you signed up, they are based on age and other health risk factors. Click below to request an appointment for an upcoming COVID-19 vaccination event.
COVID-19 SCAM ALERT:
Delawareans please be careful. There are reports about a potential phone scam in which scammers are claiming to be from the State of Delaware offering the COVID-19 vaccine for a cost of $75. This is false. Hang up & do not provide any personal or financial info. Please report these calls to the Department of Justice Consumer Protection Unit at de.gov/consumer or by phone at (800) 220-5424.
Report Vaccination Violations
Additionally, any health care provider who intentionally or willfully provides or distributes, or who supervises someone who intentionally or willfully provides or distributes the COVID-19 vaccine to any individual who is not authorized to receive such vaccine pursuant to the Vaccination Guidance is guilty of unprofessional conduct as defined in Title 24 and may be subject to licensure discipline. Send your complaints to Division of Professional Regulation about this conduct.
Get More COVID Data
For more data on Delaware COVID cases, testing and outcomes, including demographic breakdowns, go to My Healthy Community